Page 1 of 1
Does self-evaluation seem a daunting task for your setting? Why is it so important for setting improvement and the monitoring of practice?
Effective leadership in early years has been recognised as being significant in raising standards and outcomes for children. The tasks offered throughout the course will be practical in nature and are designed to support the development of effective reflection and evaluation skills to enhance your practice in the setting. This course will explore the promotion of a whole team approach to self-evaluation.
This course, aimed at managers and deputies, will help you to reflect on current practice involving the whole team and provide practical strategies to make the whole process effective and have a positive impact on your setting. This course is ideal for practitioners new to leadership and management; deputies seeking to develop skills; and experienced leaders seeking to refresh and develop their skills and understanding.
This is a stand-alone course which is one of 7 leadership and management sessions offered throughout the year. Together they will provide valuable support to leaders and managers. In addition, supporting materials are available on the VLE to further supplement knowledge and understanding of this subject.
A comprehensive Member Tour of South Gloucestershire for both new and existing Members of the Council. This is a one-off opportunity to get a flavour of many of the key sites and key issues affecting the day-to-day delivery of services and the priorities for the forthcoming years. There will almost certainly be material of interest to both new and existing Councillors as we cover;
• the emerging Strategic Development Locations for the JSP
• the prestigious Bristol & Bath Science Park (now part-owned by the Authority) and home to the National Composites Centre
• Introductions to waste sites and pressures
• Some of our schools and the prominent challenge of improving secondary school attainment
• Emerging opportunities for our High Streets
• Pressures on Social Care and a visit to the new Extra Care Village at Frenchay
• Investment in Leisure Services at Bradley Stoke
• The exciting opportunities and innovative housing development at Cribbs Patchway New Neighbourhood
• The emerging leisure and culture offer around Cribbs and Almondsbury
• An introduction to the role of the voluntary sector
• The vast Severnside Enterprise Area and new motorway junction
• Managing development threats and opportunities in the likes of Thornbury, Buckover and Charfield