Page 1 of 1
This one day workshop is specifically focused on good practice in supporting Adults with Learning Difficulties who are living with dementia. It aims to raise awareness and knowledge of the causes and impact of dementia on individuals, and to highlight ways in which staff can work positively and effectively with Adults with Learning Difficulties. The standard charge for this course is £80 per day. Please refer to our Course Charges on the Home page for information on discounts and exemptionsEssential Information
This study half-day on Medicines Management is specifically for registered nurses working in Nursing Homes in South Gloucestershire. It will provide an opportunity to upskill these staff through meeting the following objectives:
· Demonstrate improved medicines management practices in the care home
· Explain the medicines management skills required for a safe and legal practice
· Provide underpinning knowledge to facilitate the administration of medication
· Discuss best practices, new policies and procedures
· Provide an opportunity for continuing professional development
The session will be delivered by Kassin Yakhlef, Care Home Pharmacy Technician with NHS Bristol, North Somerset & South Gloucestershire CCG.
It is FREE to the identified staff working in Nursing Homes.
Certificates of attendance will be issued at the end of the session; this will contribute towards three hours of CPD requirements for nurses’ revalidation, or give the opportunity to enhance the knowledge and competence of senior carers involved in the administration of medicines.