Please see attached pre-coursework details which must be completed prior to the training session
We have received feedback from the trainers saying that delegates were unable to do the pre learning as the links didn’t work. Numerous testing by EDP, ourselves and the fact that many other colleagues have had no issues, leads us to conclude that the links are all fine.
However, if you are having difficulty accessing these, please let us know well before the course.
- Increase understanding around race, racism and systemic racism as well as how it manifests in relation to social care specifically
- Exploring disparities from statistics that have been caused by systemic racism specific to social care and other core English institutions
- Understanding our own unconscious bias and social conditioning to help us better challenge ourselves, our thoughts and our beliefs
- A deep dive into white privilege, power & advantage
- Cultural awareness and how being aware of cultural norms can help us be more culturally competent when supporting people
- Learning what microaggression are and what we can do to mitigate against them and how to support somebody who has experienced a microaggression
- Exploring Language the nuances and connotations associated with some outdated terms
- How to be an anti-racism ally and what this means as an individual, team and organisation
After you have attended the session make your Anti Racism pledge here
and course evaluation hereAll staff will be offered support where needed by the trainer and the organisation