Page 1 of 1
This 1-day course builds on the learning and skills gained through attending the Domestic Violence and Abuse Intermediate-level training, with additional content around the following areas as set out below:Essential Information
These networks will provide Childminders and SENCOs with:
Up to date information about national and local initiatives regarding SEND.
Opportunities to share professional discussions and dialogue on an identified topic or theme for the evening.
Opportunities for practitioners to update their knowledge and share practice on SEND.
Each series of meetings will have a spotlight on a particular aspect of SEND. This may include a speaker and will provide practitioners with opportunities for professional discussion and dialogue.
A 1-day Conference hosted by South Gloucestershire Council, in partnership with NWG and Research in Practice.
Overview of speakers:
* Welcome: Sonya Miller, Head of Service Integrated Children’s Service & 0-25 Service, South Gloucestershire Council
* Redesigning our approach to safeguarding adolescents from exploitation: Dez Holmes, Director, Research in Practice
* Focus on transitions – the national picture: Steve Baguley, NWG
* Exploiter and Exploited within County Lines: Tony Saggers, Strategy, Intelligence and Investigations Expert
* Exploring a public health approach to gangs and youth violence: Nicky Hill, Youth Violence & Exploitation Specialist; Interim CEO StreetDoctors
* Understanding Online Exploitation: Victoria Green, Marie Collins Foundation
* Sharing regional practice:
- Lesley O’Hagan, Bristol City Council: Exploitation and education
- DS Dave Catt, Avon & Somerset Police Topaz team - Identification and disruption
- Sharon Wareham, BASE – Supporting boys and young men
* PLUS sessions on: Q&A Panel session; Identifying local and regional priorities; Chair’s Reflections
This is a 2-day workshop for managers in the council's Integrated Children's Services and Adult Social Care Services divisions. It is split into two 1-day sessions (in mid-June & then early-July). The main focus of the workshop is on exploring really practical tools and approaches for managing, supporting and challenging teams and individuals, including aspects such as coaching, communication and performance. The workshop will be led by Lenny Bedoyan.Essential Information
This network is for all practitioners and room leaders who work with two year olds. This is an informal network meeting which will provide practitioners who work with two year olds with an opportunity to:
Engage in professional discussion and dialogue
Explore current research and thinking in working with two year olds
Explore key stages of child development for a two year old and how a creative and inspiring environment nurtures this development.