Page 1 of 1
The need to successfully capture the views and wishes of children is a concept that is both philosophically shared as well as embedded in legislation. Those of us working with disabled children need to draw on a skills base of creativity, flexibility and advocacy in order to ensure the voice of each child is captured, valued and used to influence and enhance the quantity of disabled children's lives and experiences.Essential Information
This session has been arranged for foster carers acting as a 'Buddy' for newly approved foster carers.
The session will be a chance for the buddies to come together and discuss what's going well as well as be a forum where questions can be asked, or any uncertainty regarding the role can be addressed.
Most importantly it is to be used as a session to develop and support each other in this important role.
The course programme follows a set syllabus and includes topics such as:
- Apply an ergonomics systems approach to safer handling
- To understand the need for evidence based practice
- Be able to select and evaluate a range of current handling manoeuvres
- Be able to select and evaluate a range of mechanical and small handling aids that are presently available
- Will recognise unacceptable/controversial handling techniques
- To feel competent and confident to assist others to problem solve manual handling scenarios.
|Session||Session Date||Session Time||Session Venue||Map|
|1||14 January 2022||09:30 - 11:30||TBC||Map|
|2||11 February 2022||09:30 - 11:30||TBC||Map|
|3||11 March 2022||09:30 - 11:30||Early Years Training Room - Parkwall Primary||Map|
|4||01 April 2022||09:30 - 11:30||TBC||Map|
|5||13 May 2022||09:30 - 11:30||TBC||Map|
|6||10 June 2022||09:30 - 11:30||TBC||Map|