Page 1 of 1
This is an introduction to major incident response for council officers attending the scene of the incident in the role of Local Authority Incident Officer.
To implant knowledge on how South Gloucestershire Council manages the response to major incidents at the operational level.
· Raise awareness of emergency plans
· Explain the command, control and communications structure
· JESIP and at scene
· Explain operational attendance
· Explain tactical attendance
· Explain the council incident room
· Look at Local Authority run centre
· Examine recovery
Only council staff from the emergency planning LAIO volunteer list, who have manager permission to take part.