Train to be a Practice Educator (South Glos Council staff only)
Are you interested in working with a social work student this year and training to be a Practice Educator?
We will be providing placements from Sept 2021 onwards and working with students from both UWE and University of Bristol.
The training for Practice Education Professional Standards (PEPS 1) will take place on the following dates:-
Day 1 Wed 7th July Online course
Day 2 Wed 22nd September – F39/40 KCC
Day 3 Wed 29th Sept – F39/40 KCC
Day 4 Wed 6th October – Committee Room 1 KCC
These are 9.30 to 4.30 p.m.
You will also be required to attend the following two workshops :-
Tuesday 4th May 2021 – Introduction and Pre-placement meetings (9 to 12.30) Online
Wednesday 8th Sept 2021 – Induction and pre placement check-in (9 to 12.30) Online
Practice Educator workshops are available to you on a monthly basis after 6th October 2021. These are provided for ongoing support and additional learning.
What to do next:-
1. Please read the attached doc ‘Working with SW Students’.
2. Consider how your current practice meets the PCF for Experienced Social Worker PCF - Experienced social worker | www.basw.co.uk
3. Gain agreement from your Manager/Senior to express your interest.
4. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you are interested.
5. Complete the PEPS learning agreement (attached) and share with your manager to agree (Sign)
6. Send the signed PEPS learning agreement to email@example.com - by 23rd April.
To request more info and the PEPS Learning Agreement please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
I will send details as to how to book the Training sessions once I have received the signed PEPS learning agreement.
If you have any questions please contact Sally Norris HR Workforce Development Advisor – Practice Education (Social Work) on 01454 863903 or via email email@example.com