Advanced Coaching Skills (Cancelled)
Kingswood Civic Centre, High Street, Kingswood
All Internal Staff / Integra Staff / Manager / Other / Schools
Leadership and Management / Personal Effectiveness
Leadership and Management subcategories
Personal Effectiveness subcategories
General Personal Effectiveness / Working with Others
This interactive three day course is delivered by experienced and qualified coaches and will give participants a solid foundation in coaching skills, standards and expectations which are relevant to coaches and people who mentor or manage others in their work.
The days include coaching skills, coaching and mentoring competencies and the global code of ethics, using models in your coaching and mentoring practice, different tools and techniques to enhance conversations, advanced listening skills, contracting and evaluation.
This course is free to South Gloucestershire Council staff. For all external delegates there is a charge of £300.
Coaching is a valuable skill in empowering people to problem solve, think more deeply and creatively and achieve their goals. We have developed this course so there will be plenty of opportunities to practice and gain feedback on skills and to try different approaches to build your confidence as coaches, mentors and managers.
Advanced coaching skills learning outcomes
As a result of this course you will be able to -
• Describe the coaching process and the role of the coach
• Understand the value and benefits of coaching for individuals and teams
• Understand the elements of communication required during a coaching conversation
• Understand the situations where a coaching approach will be most effective
• Demonstrate your coaching skills through practice of the GROW model and other models
• Demonstrate your coaching skills through practice of different tools and techniques to enhance conversations, such as coaching cards and simple creativity. (include drawing and collages)
• Assess your own coaching skills by reflecting on your experiences and create a coaching development plan.
• Review the coaching and mentoring competencies and the global code of ethics and understand the principles that coaches and mentors need to adhere to
• Learn and use techniques for advanced listening skills
• Understand the process of contracting as a mentor and coach, what needs to be included and why.
• Understanding the role of evaluation and creating psychological safety to gain honest feedback from clients
• Facilitate your own personal development experience both coaching and being coached.
Tuesday 10 October 2023
Wednesday 31 January 2024
Monday 9 October 2023