Conversations with Carers
Webinar: Microsoft Teams, Teams
Adult Social Care
Adult Social Care subcategories
General Adult Social Care
Please note: By booking onto this course, you are consenting to your contact details being passed onto the trainer. This is so they can send the invitation to you.
This course will explore the crucial role that carers play as a key partner of Adult Social Care.
We will look at key data about carers, including in relation to some of the challenges that are commonly faced. You will also benefit from the opportunity to reflect on your own experiences, personal and professional, of caring and carers, and to learn from the lived experiences of carers including a guest speaker from South Gloucestershire. The Carers’ Support Centre will share their expertise in relation to working with and supporting carers over many years. Alongside colleagues, you will explore how to apply 3Cs, strengths-based approaches and legal literacy in your engagement with carers in line with South Gloucestershire Council ‘Carer Practitioner Guidance’. A key theme throughout the day will be recognising the positive impact that you, as a practitioner, can have in promoting the rights and wellbeing of carers and as a result, the wellbeing of adult(s) they care for.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
• Analyse current local and national data and research about carers
• Describe a range of ways in which caring can impact, both positively and negatively, on individuals’ lives
• Describe the duties of the local authority, set out in the Care Act 2014, in relation to carers
• Identify the key rights of carers
• Apply the principles and duties set out in the Care Act when working with carers including in relation to carers’ assessments and determining eligibility
• Apply effective communication skills to engage in meaningful conversations with carers in line with the 3 Conversations model
• Describe the range of support services available to South Gloucestershire Carers including those provided by the Carers Centre
• Explain what a Direct Payment is and a range of ways in which it can be used to meet the support needs of carers
Thursday 13 July 2023
Thursday 13 July 2023
Wednesday 12 July 2023