By the end of the course you will have:
• Explored communication in its widest sense including non-verbal communication and behaviour.
• Reflected on previous experiences and identified both good practice and factors that may have hampered effective communication.
• Discussed how to capture and reflect the voice of the child.
• Become familiar with range of Alternative and Augmented Communication tools and resources that are used to aid communication, including the use of Alternative and Augmented systems.
• Considered the circumstances in which Comic Strips and Social Stories may be useful and practised using these tools.
• Considered how to implement strategies discussed every day practice.