Advanced Child Protection Update
Kingswood Civic Centre, High Street, Kingswood
Adopters / CAH Staff / Childminders / Pre-Schools & Nurseries / Schools / Short Break Carers / Voluntary Sector Workers
Adopters and Foster Carers / Children and Young People / Safeguarding
Adopters and Foster Carers subcategories
CS2 - Safeguarding and Child Protection
Children and Young People subcategories
Children's Social Care / Early Years / Safeguarding Children
Please click here to view and download the course handouts
Requirements for face-to-face training:
This course is delivered on behalf of the South Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children's Partnership.
Participants should be only those who have already completed the Introduction to Child Protection and Advanced-level of Child Protection training within statutory or setting-related timescales, and who now need to maintain this level of training.
Participants will be expected to have a good working knowledge of safeguarding with experience of statutory and local child protection responsibilities and procedures.
Effective child protection depends not only on reliable and accepted procedures for all staff involved with children, but also on their skills, knowledge and judgment and the ability to work together co-operatively.
Staff with lead roles in child protection require specialised training in order to carry out their work with abused children and families.
The learning outcomes for this training are designed to ensure that all participants receive updates in the latest child protection legislation, statutory guidance, local policies, procedures and professional requirements.
- Participants must arrive on time and allow time for parking.
- Participants should attend the full training day, participants should be rebook for a different date if they are unable to attend the full day.
- Please print any handouts attached to this event and bring them along with you to the session.
• Reinforce understanding of current legislation, policies, procedures and best practice in safeguarding
• Increase confidence in utilising signs of safety model and resources to support practice
• Continue to develop knowledge and understanding of contextual safeguarding concerns. E.g. trauma informed care, disguised compliance and extra-familial harm, risk to children outside of their homes, all types of exploitation, FGM and radicalisation
• Continue to learn from Local Case Reviews and enhance best practice accordingly
Have an opportunity to network, review practice and share learning
Tuesday 25 April 2023
Saturday 25 November 2023
Monday 24 April 2023