Please click here to view and download the course handouts
This course is delivered on behalf of the South Gloucestershire Children's Partnership.
Participants should be only those who have already completed an Advanced-level of Child Protection training within statutory or setting-related timescales, and who now need to maintain this level of training.
Participants will be expected to have a good working knowledge of safeguarding with experience of statutory and local child protection responsibilities and procedures.
Effective child protection depends not only on reliable and accepted procedures for all staff involved with children, but also on their skills, knowledge and judgment and the ability to work together co-operatively.
Staff with lead roles in child protection require specialised training in order to carry out their work with abused children and families.
The learning outcomes for this training are designed to ensure that all participants receive updates in the latest child protection legislation, statutory guidance, local policies, procedures and professional requirements.Requirements for training via Zoom:
Requirements for face-to-face training:
- Participants must be provided with protected time, in an environment free from all work-related duties and distractions to successfuly complete the training
- Participants require access to a camera and microphone to be able to fully engage in the session
- On the day of training, should the above requirements not be possible, participants should rebook for a different date when they are able to meet the requirements, failure to full engage in the session may result in non-issue of certificate and a request to repeat the training session.
- Participants must arrive on time and allow time for parking.
- Participants should attend the full training day, participants should be rebook for a different date if they are unable to attend the full day.