Introduction to Child Protection (previously known as Inter Agency Child Protection)
Adopters / Childminders / Foster Carers / Pre-Schools & Nurseries / Short Break Carers / Social Care Staff / Voluntary Sector Workers
Adopters and Foster Carers / Children and Young People / Safeguarding
Adopters and Foster Carers subcategories
CS2 - Safeguarding and Child Protection
Children and Young People subcategories
Children's Social Care / Early Years / Safeguarding Children
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR JOINING INSTRUCTIONS AND ANY TRAINING MATERIALS ARE ATTACHED TO THIS EVENT. IF YOU ARE SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE COUNCIL STAFF, YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY FOR A ZOOM LICENSE BY COMPLETING THIS FORM.
PLEASE CHECK THAT YOU CAN ACCESS ZOOM PRIOR TO THIS EVENT. WE ASK THAT ALL USERS ALLOW PLENTY OF TIME TO JOIN THIS EVENT ON THE DAY.
By booking onto this course, you are consenting to your contact details being passed onto the trainer.
This 4 hour virtual inter-agency training session will cover: The laws and policies that relate to safeguarding children and YP What we mean by safeguarding and how some children can be harmed What signs to look out for How ACE's impact families and children Local and inter-agency procedures that are in place The role of early help Appropriate information sharing Responding to allegations
• Have an awareness of the different types of abuse, including physical, sexual, emotional and neglect
• Consider the additional vulnerabilities that children looked after and those with disabilities face
• Understand how to respond if a child makes a disclosure and your responsibility to share information
• Have an awareness of what happens once information is shared and how this is responded to locally
• Develop a deeper understanding of child abuse, to include FGM, Criminal and Sexual Exploitation, Radicalisation and the associated signs and symptoms
• Have a greater awareness of the additional vulnerabilities of children who are looked after and those with additional needs
• Consider how parental mental ill health and substance abuse can impact on children’s wellbeing (including Fabricated Induced Illness (FII)
• Gain an awareness of how extra-familial harm also puts children at risk, including abuse from peers and online risks
Wednesday 6 July 2022
Wednesday 6 July 2022
Sunday 26 June 2022