Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making (self-study course)
All Internal Staff / Councillors / Integra Staff / Manager / Voluntary Sector Workers
Change / Commercial Awareness and Skills / Councillor Development / Leadership and Management / Personal Effectiveness
Commercial Awareness and Skills subcategories
Delivering Commercial Activity
Councillor Development subcategories
South Glos Councillors
Leadership and Management subcategories
Managing People / Managing Services
Personal Effectiveness subcategories
General Personal Effectiveness / New Ways of Working
This interactive online learning introduces a variety of creative solution generation and decision-making techniques. You will develop the skills necessary to analyse a problem, generate creative solutions, and decide which solution most closely matches their needs. You will find out about problem solving styles and be able reflect on the typical approach you take and compare it with other styles. You'll gain knowledge about how defining the problem can be key and different tools you can use to do this, different creative approaches you can apply to the issues to generate solutions and alternative ideas and then evaluation processes so you reach decisions that achieve the outcomes you want.
This course is aimed at any internal staff who want to develop practical skills and approaches to problem solving, creative idea generation, and decision making tools where the solutions are not always obvious.
As a result of this self-study course you will
• Be encouraged to think differently
• Consider different problem solving styles
• Learn about problems solving models and tools that can enhance your approach to problems
• Learn about different models and approaches to decision making that can help you ensure that you arrive at the solution that best meets your aims.
• Be able to approach problems, issues and situations in a variety of ways to find the best solution
Tuesday 29 June 2021