Youth Mental Health Aware (Online)
CAH Staff / Foster Carers / Health Practitioners / Schools / Social Care Staff / Voluntary Sector Workers
Children and Young People / Public Health & Wellbeing / Safeguarding
Children and Young People subcategories
Children's Social Care / Safeguarding Children / Single Assessment Framework (Early Help)
Public Health & Wellbeing subcategories
Early Years and School Health / Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing
The course will be run by Phil Matthews on an online platform – a link to the platform will be sent out nearer the time
You must provide a postal address, as well as your e-mail address, in order to register for this course which is delivered via the MHFA England Online Learning Hub. Please e-mail these details to MentalHealth@southglos.gov.uk who will register you and ensure your resources are sent out from MHFA England. (You are still able to attend the course if your resources have not arrived in time).
We will use the information you provide to us only in relation to this course whilst complying with the established lawful conditions. In order to provide the service you require we will share your information with Mental Health First Aid England to enable them to send you the course materials required for this training. We will retain your information up to a year after the course to ensure your materials are received, then it will be destroyed securely.
The Council’s general Privacy Information can be found here http://www.southglos.gov.uk/privacy
This introductory course raises awareness of young people’s mental health.
- Some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis
- Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues
- Ways to support people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
• Recognise the symptoms of mental health problems
• Increased skills and knowledge to provide initial help
• Knowledge of appropriate professional help
• Increased awareness of own wellbeing
Tuesday 8 June 2021
Tuesday 8 June 2021
Monday 7 June 2021