The multi-agency South Gloucestershire Safeguarding Adults Board oversees the Joint Policy and Procedures for Safeguarding Adults in this area. It is essential that a wide range of staff working in local authority, health and social care agencies are fully aware of the key issues in safeguarding vulnerable adults and of how the policy affects them in their front-line roles. The half-day Raising Safeguarding Concerns course is essential training for all front-line staff and managers who are involved in providing services to adults at risk and who work directly with service users. The course content is mapped to the learning outcomes in the local Safeguarding Adults Training Standards (published Dec 2017) as well as to relevant national occupational standards including the Care Certificate (Standard 10). Course attendance is monitored by the Safeguarding Adults Board. The standard charge for this course is £40. Please refer to our Course Charges on the Home page for information on discounts and exemptions.
We are restricting numbers from each organisation to 4 individuals per course.
If you organisation require a large number of individuals to complete this course, then it maybe possible for in house training to be organised.
Please contact email@example.com with your requirements.
In your work with the public, would you know how to spot the signs of human trafficking and modern slavery? - Would you know what to do about it? Did you know that public authorities have a statutory duty to notify the home office under Section 52 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015?
The training covers:
• What trafficking and slavery are
• Nature and scale of the issue – nationally, regionally, locally
• Types of trafficking and slavery and how to identify them
• Legal definitions
• Working with potential victims
• Victim and survivors perspective
• How to interview and engage with vulnerable persons, safeguarding approach
• The National Referral Mechanism – what it is and completing it
• Processes to follow and things to consider
• Your agencies responsibilities
• Case studies and practice identifying potential victims.
Please note this course is free of charge for South Glos employees and those organisations who contribute to the South Glos Safeguarding Board. For anyone else there is a £30 charge.