Page 1 of 1
This one day course aims to enable participants to gain an insight into deafness and to develop basic communication skills to use with deaf and hard of hearing people. This course will include exercises including a lip reading test and how much sign language can you learn in half an hour?
Staff who attend this "Understanding me, I have hearing loss" workshop will receive a GDA Deaf Awareness certificate.
The standard charge for this course is £80 per day. Please refer to our Course Charges on the Home page for information on discounts and exemptions.
This is a mandatory training session for all Council Budget Holders.
Following a recent CIPFA review, a recommendation was made that all budget holders attend Finance training to recap the Council financial budget processes. Training has been split into a number of 3-hour modules:
Module 1 - Process Overviews, Roles & Responsibilities
Module 2 - System and Template Training
Module 3 - Departmental specific training including Capital Processes (Dates TBC)
Module 1 will cover the following:
Introduction to Council Finances
Local Government Funding
Budget Cycle process, including Budget Setting, Budget Monitoring and Year End
Roles & Responsibilities of Budget Holders and Finance Teams including Budget Cycle.
The Audit and Accounts Committee has a significant role in the council and it is vital that all members receive regular information across key topics to ensure effectiveness and enable them to play their part in ensuring the assurance framework of the council is as robust as it can be. This seminar will provide Councillors with some practical information across a range of topics as follows:
• An explanation of the framework underpinning the council’s annual governance statement;
• The council’s approach to risk and the associated strategies
• An insight into some of the key risks highlighted in the Strategic Risk Register and how the council’s assurance framework contributes to reducing them
• The committee’s key role in counter-fraud and latest developments in this area
• The role of internal audit in local government, including how internal differs from external audit
• The key importance of the audit committee in providing oversight of the council’s framework of internal assurance, including information on best practice.
The FREEDOM method Personal Development Model® is designed to help you build confidence, wellbeing and achieve your personal and professional goals. This interactive one day workshop will teach you the stages of the model and give you an opportunity to work on your goals throughout the day. The group is then encouraged to provide you with 99 days of ongoing informal support and encouragement to achieve your goals.Essential Information
This 1-day course builds on the learning and skills gained through attending the Understanding and Responding to Domestic Abuse and Coercive Control (Module 1) training, with additional content around the following areas as set out below:Essential Information