This course is for first line and middle managers only.
It sets out the foundations of knowledge and skills needed for development within a management role, and enables managers to identify further training and development needs. The programme consists of 5.5 days over a six month period with ten hours of self-directed learning. It will be delivered through a blended solution including face to face and online training, psychometric assessment, 360 review, action learning sets, individual coaching, individual reflection, skills practice and e-learning. The topics included are personal development as a manager, leadership and communication, developing individuals and teams, managing employee performance, decision making and managing change, resources and stakeholder relationships. This six month First Line Management Programme provides participants the opportunity to go through the following topics with a cohort of council peers, rather than as standalone training days. The benefit of this can be enhanced networks and greater learning as reflection and improvement is an integrated part of the programme. Participants also benefit from a 360-degree feedback to inform their development and a MBTI psychometric profile.
Please note there is a charge to attend this course for external delegates of £680. South Gloucestershire Council employees will be recharged £175 to cover costs.
As a result of this programme participants will have knowledge and skills in:
• Personal development planning to improve your performance as a first line manager.
• A range of management and leadership skills that you can apply in your own role.
• A network of other public sector managers.
• Knowledge of key policies and management practices.
• An understanding of communication techniques.
• An understanding of management and leadership skills required for the future
• A better understanding of your management strengths and areas for development