CAH Staff / External Care Providers / Social Care Staff
Adult Social Care
Adult Social Care subcategories
Adult Mental Health / General Adult Social Care
This will be delivered via Zoom and hosted by Suzanne Pearson.
YOUR ZOOM INVITE IS ATTACHED.
South Glos Council employees: if you don't already have Zoom please see attached instructions.
A community based course to increase awareness and challenge stigma about mental health that participants can draw upon in their day-to-day lives and work.
The views of people with ‘lived’ experience of emotional or mental health issues are central to informing the course content as well as up to date research evidence. This course is currently free to everyone.
The course is suitable for anyone including staff and volunteers from a variety of settings working with Adults, and/or Children and Families, who wish to learn more about mental health. It consists of a mixture of factual presentation, small group work and large group discussion within agreed ground rules of confidentiality and respecting each other’s points of view. There are extensive handouts available
The trainer Suzanne Pearson is a Registered Mental Health Nurse and CBT therapist with experience of working in the NHS and voluntary sector. She is a qualified adult trainer with extensive experience of delivering high quality mental health training to a range of participants and organisations. She is a Mental Health First Aid instructor (Standard and Youth courses) and an Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (ASIST) trainer.
• To reflect on attitudes towards mental health and ill health and challenge stigma
• To consider the interconnection of biological, social and psychological factors in understanding mental health experiences
• To find out about evidenced based factors that promote wellbeing and resilience
• To explore the continuum of mental health from ‘wellbeing’ to ‘disorder’ and consider some of the diversity factors involved e.g. gender, age and ethnicity
• To clarify services and interventions that are available
• To gain insight into psychosis and the’ hearing voices’ experience
Tuesday 12 April 2022
Tuesday 12 April 2022
Thursday 7 April 2022