The council promotes the use of a coaching style of management, which empowers staff to take responsibility for their own performance and work. The ability of managers to coach the performance and development of their staff is therefore considered a key skill.
The time invested in developing coaching skills can deliver some very positive outcomes, such as, delivering increased motivation, performance and removing barriers and blockers to progression. Coaching skills can change the way people think about your leadership and you can inspire confidence and self-belief in your team. You have an opportunity to motivate others in a positive and inspirational way. If you aren’t a manager, you can assist and support peers through this collaborative approach to tackling issues.
This interactive day will give you a greater understanding of how you can use this simple coaching tool to improve the performance of others. You’ll have a better understanding of what makes people tick and be able to use the techniques to build better relationships with others. Ultimately coaching empowers people to perform more effectively and through the tools and techniques you learn on this course you will also find that you become more effective too.
The standard charge for this course is £95 per day although for council employees this course is free to attend. Please refer to our Course Charges on the Home page for information on discounts and exemptions.
The workshops will be held via MS Teams. We will email you with a link to join the online workshops in advance of the session. You will need to have access to an internet connection with a strong signal. If there are others using the same internet connection/bandwidth it may affect or interfere with the session. We encourage the use of a webcam if possible.
It is important that the whole group starts promptly at the scheduled time of the session. To help ensure that training is effective please click on the link to join the workshop at least five minutes in advance of the session, so that you are ready to begin on time.
Our tutors are highly experienced, and deliver our programmes with passion, pride and excellence. If you have any questions about this course work please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participating in sessions
Participants are asked to embrace and abide by the following commitments:
• Maintain your focus on group learning and professional development
• Actively support peers
• Create a safe environment to encourage contribution and learning
• Participate constructively in the sessions
• Listen to encourage and welcome all views
• Respect each other’s values
• Maintain confidentiality in all matters
We embrace diversity and want to ensure that our sessions are fully inclusive for all. Please let us know any requirements or needs you have in relation to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation or caring responsibilities that may be relevant to your participation in the session.
After this course you will be able to:
• Describe the coaching process and the role of the coach
• Understand the value and benefits of coaching
• Understand the elements of communication required during a coaching conversation
• Understand when a coaching approach will be most effective
• Demonstrate your coaching skills through practice of the GROW model
• Assess your own coaching skills by reflecting on your experiences and create a coaching development plan.
• Facilitate your own personal development experience both coaching and being coached.