Epilepsy Awareness (Care Futures Only)
Kingswood Civic Centre, High Street, Kingswood
Adult Social Care / Health and Safety
Adult Social Care subcategories
General Adult Social Care / Learning Difficulties
Health and Safety subcategories
General Health, Safety and Wellbeing
This one day programme is intended for any individuals from the Council and staff from all Statutory, Voluntary and Independent sectors working with people with Epilepsy.
Non-care staff need only attend the morning session of this course.
The course is a combination of interactive discussion, demonstration and practice with equipment and group work.
The standard charge for this course is £80 per day. Please refer to our Course Charges on the Home page for information on discounts and exemptions
- Gain an awareness of causes and types of epilepsy
- Understand how to support someone who has epilepsy
- Recognise causes and triggers
- Recognise symptoms of seizures and how to provide appropriate first aid
- Understand how to administer rectal diazepam/buccal midazolam
- Recognise the importance of individual's protocols for their epilepsy.
Monday 7 March 2022
Wednesday 23 March 2022
Sunday 6 March 2022