The course programme follows a set syllabus and includes topics such as:
- Apply an ergonomics systems approach to safer handling
- To understand the need for evidence based practice
- Be able to select and evaluate a range of current handling manoeuvres
- Be able to select and evaluate a range of mechanical and small handling aids that are presently available
- Will recognise unacceptable/controversial handling techniques
- To feel competent and confident to assist others to problem solve manual handling scenarios.