Adopting an Agile Mind-set (self study course)
All Internal Staff / Councillors / Integra Staff / Manager
Change / Commercial Awareness and Skills / Leadership and Management / Personal Effectiveness
Commercial Awareness and Skills subcategories
Delivering Commercial Activity
Leadership and Management subcategories
Managing People / Managing Services
Personal Effectiveness subcategories
General Personal Effectiveness / New Ways of Working
In order to meet the aims of the council many teams are now being asked to work in different ways. This change of focus is referred to as agile working and we are tackling many projects with a focus on output over process, speeding up change and delivering on our commitments with much quicker timescales. The benefits are enhanced value for money for our residents and evolving services that meet our community’s needs. This often requires us to work in very different ways than we are used to and this online course is intended to provide you with an overview of what is required in adopting the council’s new ways of working.
This course will give you an opportunity to explore what agile working is and the differences in approaching tasks in this way, the factors that need to be in place to ensure new ways of working work for you, the organisation and our residents and some tools to support these approaches. It will also give you some practical examples of successful projects based on an agile approach and the lessons that have been learnt from this.
• Understand what taking an agile approach means.
• Understand behaviours necessary to successful integrate agile working into your role.
• Have access to tools that can assist you adapt to new ways of working
• Understand some local successes and lessons learnt from experience
• Understand how you can continue to develop an agile mind-set.
• Create a personal plan to help you adopt an agile mind-set in the future.
Tuesday 29 June 2021