This half-day training course is part of the Safeguarding Adults Board's suite of multi-agency courses.
This training is aimed at all those who need to know how to carry out an Adult Safeguarding Enquiry effectively when asked to do so by the local authority. It is an interagency session and offers opportunity for care providers agencies to confidently use the mechanism of caused enquiries.
Delegates will find that the course builds on the broader content covered in the SABs 1-day multi-agency “Managing Good Practice in Safeguarding Adults” training programme.
The standard charge for this course is £40. For members of the SAB there is no charge. Please refer to our Course Charges on the Home page for information on discounts and exemptions.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will:
* Be able to plan and carry out an effective safeguarding enquiry
* Have an enhanced understanding of the South Gloucestershire process, roles and responsibilities, specifically the S42 enquiry elements
* Have a good understanding of how the Making Safeguarding Personal principles apply in connection with safeguarding enquiries
* Feel more confident about undertaking S42 enquiries (and other elements related to the Care Act) including how to approach this and the key information to include in a written report
* Understand the importance of independent advocacy and when to use it