Please note that your email address will be sent to the trainer Helen Bradnock who will send you your Zoom Invite details and handouts for this training session.
YOU WILL NEED TO ATTEND THE "RAISING SAFEGUARDING CONCERNS" (previously ALERTER) COURSE BEFORE YOU ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP.
Safeguarding Adults is a high priority aspect of the social/healthcare task. The role of a manager/practitioner in ensuring that staff respond appropriately to a safeguarding concern is vital. These staff also need to be confident about their own responsibilities in safeguarding adults, and responding appropriately to concerns about a person’s safety. This 1-day course will assist managers/supervisors, Social Workers/OTs and other practitioners including in healthcare be clear about their role, how Making Safeguarding Personal impacts on it, and how to make decisions about what to do next.
The standard charge for this course is £80 per day. Please refer to our Course Charges on the Home page for information on discounts and exemptions.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
· Outline the legal framework for safeguarding for adults including the crossover between safeguarding adults under the Care Act 2014 and the wider legislation e.g. the Mental Capacity Act 2005, Data Protection Act 2019, Human Rights Act 1998 and Equality Act 2010
· Outline the key data relating to adult abuse and neglect
· Identify when a safeguarding concern should be raised and what constitutes abuse or neglect
· Identify the roles and responsibilities of a range of different organisations in respect of adult safeguarding
· Explain the importance of professional curiosity and the ability and willingness to engage in professional challenge
· Describe and provide examples of how to respond to safeguarding concerns in a person-centred way, in line with the statutory principles underpinning the safeguarding of adults and South Gloucestershire policy and procedures
· Reflect on how decision-making can be affected by life experiences
· Outline key learning from local practice and safeguarding adult reviews