Providing Effective Supervision (Social Care staff only)
External Care Providers / Manager / Voluntary Sector Workers
Adult Social Care / Leadership and Management
Adult Social Care subcategories
General Adult Social Care
Leadership and Management subcategories
Managing People / New To Management
This will be delivered via Zoom and hosted by Jonathan Coles. You will be sent Zoom joining instructions nearer the time.
SOUTH GLOS COUNCIL STAFF - you must request a Zoom Licence from ICT by logging a support ticket (Intranet Home Page, under ICT)
This one day workshop is designed to allow first-line managers of social care staff to understand what makes for effective staff supervision and to explore the key strategies and skills needed to make good supervision a reality within their own staff team/workplace. This course is relevant to all managers from social care agencies in the Statutory, Voluntary and Independent sectors within South Gloucestershire. The standard charge for this course is £40 per day. Please refer to our Course Charges on the Home page for information on discounts and exemptions
- Clarify the key purposes of supervision, within the context of the manager/supervisor's whole role.
- Understand best practice to use in managing supervision effectively with staff.
- Identify the responsibilities and expectations of both supervisor and supervisee.
- Understand and explore the key skills that are useful in Supervision.
- Recognise the links between Supervision and other people management systems and frameworks such as: appraisal, quality assurance, performance procedures, and the use of national occupational standards.
Wednesday 23 September 2020
Monday 23 November 2020
Thursday 17 September 2020