This 1-day course is suitable for all staff who could potentially come into contact with individuals with Autism Spectrum Conditions.
The standard charge for this course is £80 per day. Please refer to our Course Charges on the Home page for information on discounts and exemptions.
Course Aims: Develop knowledge and competencies in working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Conditions.
The course is delivered by Matthew Trerise, a specialist trainer who has 15 years of experience in supporting people with ASC in a wide range of care settings, including residential, low secure and in the community. Matthew currently works for a nationally recognised specialist diagnostic service, delivering training and clinical supervision to frontline staff across the care pathway.
Previous delegates have said:
“It is essential that anyone coming into contact with people diagnosed with ASC attend this course”
“Trainer is extremely knowledgeable and training is delivered with passion and enthusiasm”
· Asperger Syndrome and how this relates to autism.
· Effective communication.
· Theory of mind.
· Executive functioning.
· Central coherence.
· Sensory issues.
· Social inclusion.
· Service issues.
· Develop a broad knowledge of Autism Spectrum Conditions.
· Gain practical knowledge of theoretical principles and how these relate to supporting individuals.
· Gain practical skills to apply when supporting individuals with Autism Spectrum Conditions.
· Increase their awareness of key service, policy and clinical issues relevant to supporting individuals with Autism Spectrum Conditions.
· Have an opportunity to work in groups to develop practical strategies for supporting individuals.
· Case study