This course will prepare supervising social workers and foster carers to undertake specialist Parent and Child Together placements. Participants will gain a clear understanding of legislation, planning and assessment processes, roles and responsibilities in relation to these placements. The training will also enhance the attendees key skills in partnership working, recording and reporting.
Registration starts from 09:00 with a prompt start at 09:30.
· To provide a good understanding of the background legislation, principles and procedures involved in this type of fostering.
· To examine the impact of parent and child placements on fostering households.
· To consider knowledge and skills needed to assess parenting in this setting and ways to improve these.
· To clarify roles and responsibilities and improve skills in working with other professionals, parents and families.
· To explore the typical challenges and generate solutions with reference to best practice.
· To identity service and personal action plans to support best practice.