This study half-day on Medicines Management is specifically for both registered nurses and senior carers trained to administer medicines, working in Nursing Homes and/or Residential Care Homes. It will provide an opportunity to upskill these staff through meeting the following objectives:
· Demonstrate improved medicines management practices in the care home
· Explain the medicines management skills required for a safe and legal practice
· Provide underpinning knowledge to facilitate the administration of medication
· Discuss best practices, new policies and procedures
· Provide an opportunity for continuing professional development
The session will be delivered by Kassin Yakhlef, Care Home Pharmacy Technician with NHS Bristol, North Somerset & South Gloucestershire CCG
It is FREE to the identified staff working in Care Homes.
Certificates of attendance will be issued at the end of the session; this will contribute towards three hours of CPD requirements for nurses’ revalidation, or give the opportunity to enhance the knowledge and competence of senior carers involved in the administration of medicines.