If you are a South Glos employee you must request a Zoom Licence from ICT by logging a support ticket (Intranet Home Page, under ICT)
In your work with the public, would you know how to spot the signs of human trafficking and modern slavery? - Would you know what to do about it? Did you know that public authorities have a statutory duty to notify the home office under Section 52 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015?
The training covers:
• What trafficking and slavery are
• Nature and scale of the issue – nationally, regionally, locally
• Types of trafficking and slavery and how to identify them
• Legal definitions
• Working with potential victims
• Victim and survivors perspective
• How to interview and engage with vulnerable persons, safeguarding approach
• The National Referral Mechanism – what it is and completing it
• Processes to follow and things to consider
• Your agencies responsibilities
• Case studies and practice identifying potential victims.
Please note this course is free of charge for South Glos employees and those organisations who contribute to the South Glos Safeguarding Board. For anyone else there is a £30 charge.