This training has been arranged for foster carers or those working with our children looked after.
What is emotion coaching? Emotion coaching was first introduced by John Gottman and his colleagues in the USA. Emotion coaching is about helping children to become more aware of their emotions and to manage their own feelings particularly during instances of misbehaviour. It entails validating children's emotions, setting limits where appropriate and problem-solving with the child to develop more effective behavioural strategies.
The Course will run from 12:45 to 14:30, but you will able to log into the meeting from 12:30, so that we can ensure a prompt start at 12:45
Guidance for Microsoft Teams Foster Carers Training
How to join the meeting:
Anyone with a business or consumer email account can participate as a guest in Teams, with access to team chats, meetings, and screenshare
1. Go to the meeting invite, (the email we will send you), and select Join Microsoft Teams Meeting.
2. That will open a webpage, where you'll see two choices: Download the Windows app and Join on the web instead. Your browser may ask if it's OK for Teams to use your microphone and camera. Be sure to allow it so you'll be seen and heard in your meeting.
3. Enter your name and choose your audio and video settings. Select Phone audio if you want to listen to the meeting on your mobile phone.
4. When you're ready, hit Join now.
5. This will bring you into the lobby. Teams will notify the meeting organiser that you are there, and someone in the meeting can then admit you.
Protocol for running the meeting with safeguarding considerations:
1. Please arrive from 12:30.
2. When you enter, please arrive with your volume on “mute”
3. Please make sure that your name on the screen is just your first name with the first letter of your surname; for example, Catherine C. This is to maintain your confidentiality. You will not be admitted to the meeting without your name typed in the box because that way we make sure only people who have been invited attend. So, you have to type it in before you click “join”
4. Please always keep your video on so that we know who is “in the room”
5. Please do not use names of children during the meeting, this is to maintain their confidentiality
6. We will not be recording the meeting, please do not do so either
7. If you want to ask a question or make a comment, please type it into the “chat” function. The person who is moderating the meeting can then ask you to unmute and speak to the whole meeting