Mentoring Skills (self-study course)
All Internal Staff / Manager
Leadership and Management / Personal Effectiveness
Leadership and Management subcategories
Personal Effectiveness subcategories
General Personal Effectiveness / Working with Others
Mentoring can provide a great opportunity to share and spread acquired learning and know-how; it also helps to encourage an environment where people motivate each other and work together to improve skills and knowledge. Mentoring others can be a way of developing your own skills and career choices, as the ability to help develop others is often vital for career advancement.
This course covers what mentoring is and everything you need to know to get started as a mentor and deepen this practice. As well as a background to mentoring, you will look at how people learn and have practical tips and tools to use within your mentoring relationship, such as learning plans, learning style questionnaires and structures for mentoring conversations. It is aimed at anyone who is considering mentoring or wants to know how to get the most out of their mentoring relationship.
As a result of this self-study course you will
• Understand what mentoring is
• Consider the skills required to be a mentor
• Consider the skills you would bring to a mentoring role
• Consider whether a mentor could benefit your own development
• Understand the key conversations mentors may have with their mentees
• Know different approaches you can take to conversations with mentees.
Wednesday 30 June 2021
Thursday 31 March 2022
Tuesday 29 June 2021