You will be sent an invite to join (this will be from Sarah Clay, Central Consultancy)
By booking onto this course, you are consenting to your contact details being passed onto the trainer. This is so they can send the invitation, and any further resources, to you.
This workshop is for South Gloucestershire Council Adult Care practitioners ONLY.
The session will explore the importance of legally literacy and defensible decision-making in effective practice. Included will be a focus on:
• defining and developing an understanding of what is meant by both terms, from both a theoretical perspective and from your experience/practice
• ways to continue to develop your knowledge of the legal framework and how to ensure that it underpins your practice
• professional accountability and the importance of accurate analysis, free from bias, to inform your professional opinions and defensible decisions
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
• Define legal literacy and describe its importance in practice
• Explain key legal requirements in relation to decision-making in adult social care
• Describe the key components of a defensible decision
• Explain the benefits of drawing on different types/sources of information and evidence
• Evaluate the impact of cognitive/unconscious bias in practice
• Distinguish between facts and opinions
• Identify key learning from relevant legal cases
• Reflect on and evaluate own decision-making processes