This 1/2 day course is suitable for all staff who could potentially come into contact with individuals with Autism Spectrum Conditions.
This will be delivered via Zoom. You will be sent Zoom joining instructions nearer the time. South Glos Council employees must request a Zoom Licence from ICT by logging a support ticket (Intranet Home Page, under ICT)
The standard charge for this course is £80 per day. Please refer to our Course Charges on the Home page for information on discounts and exemptions.
Course Aims: Develop knowledge and competencies in working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Conditions.
The course is delivered by Matthew Trerise, a specialist trainer who has 15 years of experience in supporting people with ASC in a wide range of care settings, including residential, low secure and in the community. Matthew currently works for a nationally recognised specialist diagnostic service, delivering training and clinical supervision to frontline staff across the care pathway.
Previous delegates have said:
“It is essential that anyone coming into contact with people diagnosed with ASC attend this course”
“Trainer is extremely knowledgeable and training is delivered with passion and enthusiasm”
· Asperger Syndrome and how this relates to autism.
· Effective communication.
· Theory of mind.
· Executive functioning.
· Central coherence.
· Sensory issues.
· Social inclusion.
· Service issues.
· Develop a broad knowledge of Autism Spectrum Conditions.
· Gain practical knowledge of theoretical principles and how these relate to supporting individuals.
· Gain practical skills to apply when supporting individuals with Autism Spectrum Conditions.
· Increase their awareness of key service, policy and clinical issues relevant to supporting individuals with Autism Spectrum Conditions.
· Have an opportunity to work in groups to develop practical strategies for supporting individuals.
· Case study