The Armadillo Youth Venue, Station Road
Adopters / Connected Carers / Foster Carers / SGO's / Short Break Carers
Adopters and Foster Carers
Adopters and Foster Carers subcategories
CS6 - Attachment and well-being / CS7- Managing Behaviour
‘Butterflies and Bees’
This course follows on from 'Why and How?' Attachment and Emotional Health for Young People Looked After. This course will run From January to March 2019, dates TBC
A training course designed to support foster carers, adopters and special guardians in developing their ability and confidence to respond therapeutically to the children in their care.
This in-depth course is a key intervention from the Thinking Aloud team, designed to help you as carers develop your ability to support the children in your care. We will cover topics such as attachment and trauma, as well as consider different behaviours that might be difficult to manage within the home. We will spend some time thinking about your responses to difficulties in your relationships with the young people in your care, and discover and practice a range of practical techniques to improve their and your wellbeing.
Please note that priority may need to be given to certain carers identified by the Family Placement and/or Thinking Aloud Team.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Consider the difficulties they experience in caring for the children in their care.
- Recognise their individual reactions to the challenges of caring for a child.
- Identify a variety of self-care strategies to support y in their role as a carer.
- Expand their understanding of attachment, shame and trauma.
- Develop a greater appreciation of how a child’s past gets in the way of them benefiting from the care they are provided.
- Focus on the particular behaviours and challenges they face with the children in their care.
- Experience and practice a range of therapeutic responses, based on Dan Hughes’ PACE..
Tuesday 15 January 2019
Tuesday 26 March 2019
Monday 14 January 2019